So I haven't written for a while and I got to thinking that maybe I didn't have anything to say, so why write? But last night as I was reading "The Happiness Project," I realized that this blog is more for me than anything else.
I was thinking about things that inspire me, or get my creative mind going. Needless to say, TV, movies and books inspire me. I'm not trying to steal idea's from these things, but there are different aspects of each of these that get my creative mind going.
So I'm reading "The Happiness Project" and I realize my creativity is based on happiness. When times are tough, I am stressed, I don't get a lot of sleep or I worry about money and my creativity is almost nonexsistent. When there is no creativity going on, I get frustrated and my writing suffers. So I started thinking about why the creativity goes up and down and realized it is all related to Happiness.
When I'm writing, I'm happy.
When I'm paying bills, I'm not happy.
When I'm using my imagination, I'm happy.
When I am tired and didn't sleep well, I'm not happy.
So what it comes down to, is that I can't control the unexpected, stressful things, but I can focus on the things that make me happy.
When I was reading the book the other night, there was one part where she said to look back at the things I liked as a kid, when life was really fun. Telling stories and using my imagination is what I spent most of my childhood doing. My mom can probably attest to the fact that she was a worried sometimes when I would rather have played by myself then go to a friends house. And several of my friends can probably attest to the weird games that I made them play on the trampoline that were part of my imagination. But I was happy.
I guess the point of this post is just to say, I am happy when I am creative. I like writing, it brings out my creativity. It lets my mind wander back to those fun, innocent times that I enjoyed. So needless to say, I am going to write on this blog at least five times a week, because it's what I like to do. The real problem may be finding things to write about.
So until next time...
I was thinking about things that inspire me, or get my creative mind going. Needless to say, TV, movies and books inspire me. I'm not trying to steal idea's from these things, but there are different aspects of each of these that get my creative mind going.
So I'm reading "The Happiness Project" and I realize my creativity is based on happiness. When times are tough, I am stressed, I don't get a lot of sleep or I worry about money and my creativity is almost nonexsistent. When there is no creativity going on, I get frustrated and my writing suffers. So I started thinking about why the creativity goes up and down and realized it is all related to Happiness.
When I'm writing, I'm happy.
When I'm paying bills, I'm not happy.
When I'm using my imagination, I'm happy.
When I am tired and didn't sleep well, I'm not happy.
So what it comes down to, is that I can't control the unexpected, stressful things, but I can focus on the things that make me happy.
When I was reading the book the other night, there was one part where she said to look back at the things I liked as a kid, when life was really fun. Telling stories and using my imagination is what I spent most of my childhood doing. My mom can probably attest to the fact that she was a worried sometimes when I would rather have played by myself then go to a friends house. And several of my friends can probably attest to the weird games that I made them play on the trampoline that were part of my imagination. But I was happy.
I guess the point of this post is just to say, I am happy when I am creative. I like writing, it brings out my creativity. It lets my mind wander back to those fun, innocent times that I enjoyed. So needless to say, I am going to write on this blog at least five times a week, because it's what I like to do. The real problem may be finding things to write about.
So until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment