Thursday, May 19, 2011

Check Up

So...last night I signed off to clean up the area by my desk, which leads to my closet. And the day before I was talking about doing something that I like doing and that meant writing in my blog everyday.

I cleared out the area right in front of my closet. I still can't shut the closet door, but that is because I have a stack of research sitting in front of it. But you can't imagine how good I felt after taking 10 minutes to clear out that area of clutter by my closet. I felt relaxed. I felt good. I decided that the next thing I am going to tackle is my headboard. I read mostly off of my nook now, so all the books on my headboard don't need to be there. I can't wait to clean that area.

Tonight, after a long day, I was sitting on my bed going through magazines that had been sitting on my desk. I was looking for recipes for grilling and came across a page that talked about blogs. That's when it hit me...I hadn't written in my blog tonight. So it didn't matter that I had just turned off my computer, I knew that I needed to write in my blog.

I decided it was a good time to check in. It's been two days...am I happier? Obviously it is too early to answer that questions, but I have had a few good days. My closet only took me 10 minutes and writing each night takes less than 10 minutes, overall I feel better with those small steps.

I think I'm moving in the right direction. It may be little steps, but isn't that how most things start? Isn't that how habits are formed? So I think if I can continue to do these little things...cleaning up an area each night, writing in my blog, then I am making progress. I will feel better about life. And I will be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment